Crème Fraîche and Gochujang Wonton Soup
Prep time- 45 minutes
Cook time- 30 minutes
Total time-1 hour 15 minutes
Ingredients (soup broth)
8 cups chicken broth
4 cups water
1 cup gochujang sauce
1 cup Sierra Nevada Farmhouse Organic Crème Fraiche
4 thinly sliced pieces of peeled fresh ginger
4 thinly sliced pieces of peeled fresh garlic
Ingredients (wonton filling)
1 package 60 count wonton wrappers
1 lb. fresh ground pork
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger
½ cup thinly sliced green onion
2 sliced medium jalapeno peppers
½ cup sliced green onion
- In a large bowl mix all wonton filling ingredients. Set aside.
- Using a large cooking pot, slowly simmer chicken broth and water on low medium heat. Add garlic and ginger.
- Place wonton wrapper in front of you so it is in the shape of a diamond. Fill the center of each wonton wrapper with 1 teaspoon of pork mixture. Brush all edges of wrapper with water. This will keep the wrapper together and from falling apart while cooking. Fold the bottom tip to the top tip to create a triangle. To complete the wonton, fold the left tip and right tip so that they cross.
- Increase heat to medium. Add multiple wontons and boil until wontons float. This will let you know they are done cooking. The wontons should take about a minute to cook. Set aside wontons on a plate. Make sure not to stack the wontons so they do not stick to each other. This could make them hard to peel apart and might tear.
- Turn heat to low simmer. Add the crème fraîche and gochujang sauce to the simmering broth. Since crème fraiche does not separate while cooking, it will help to thicken the sauce. Once mixed and thickened, turn the heat to low so that it will still be hot but not simmering.
- Place 10 wontons into 6 bowls. Gently pour 1 cup of creamy crème fraîche and gochujang broth over each bowl of wontons. Garnish with jalapeno and green onion.